Last updated: May 20, 2021
1 Interpretation and definitions1.1 Interpretation
The words whose initial letter is a capital letter have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions have the same meaning whether they appear in singular or plural forms.1.2 Definitions
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or portions of our Service.
- Application means the software program provided by ByondFiles and downloaded by you onto an electronic device called ByondFiles.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company," "We," "Us," or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to ByondFiles NV, Keibergstraat, 112, Torhout, Belgium.
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website that contain the details of your browsing history on that website, in addition to its many uses.
- Country refers to: Belgium
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the application, the website, or both.
- Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of ByondFiles. It refers to external companies or individuals employed by ByondFiles to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of ByondFiles, perform services related to the Service or help ByondFiles analyze how the Service is used.
- Usage data refers to data that is automatically collected, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (e.g., the duration of a page visit).
- Web site links to ByondFiles accessed at www.byondfiles.com
- You means the person accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such person accesses or uses the Service, if applicable.
2 Collection and use of your personal data2.1 Types of data collected 2.1.1 Personal data
We may ask you to provide us with personally identifying information so that we can contact or identify you while you are using our Service. Information that can be used to identify you includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Usage data
While using the Service, usage data is automatically gathered.
Usage Data can include things like your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service you view, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device IDs, and other diagnostic data.
We may automatically collect certain information when you access the Service through or from a mobile device, such as the type of mobile device you're using, the unique ID of your mobile device, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you're using, unique device IDs, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser when transmitting each time you visit our Service or when you access the Service via or through a mobile device.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes listed below:
- Necessary/essential cookies
Type: session cookies
Managed by: us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided, and we use these cookies only to provide you with those services.
Type: permanent cookies
Managed by: us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: permanent cookies
Managed by: us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login information or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personalized experience and to prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
ByondFiles may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service: Including monitoring our Service's use.
- To manage your account: To manage your registration as a user of the Service. The personal data you provide may allow you to access various functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: The development, compliance, and performance of the contract of sale for the products, items, or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone, text message, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications from a mobile application regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, if necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you: With news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have chosen not to receive such information.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Service, products and services, marketing, and your experience.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers to track and analyze the use of our Service to contact you.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal data for any other purpose with your consent.
ByondFiles will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. We will keep and use your personal information to the extent necessary to meet our legal duties (for example, if we are required by law to keep your information), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
ByondFiles also keeps track of user behavior for internal analysis. Except where it is essential to reinforce the security or improve the functionality of our Service, or we are obliged by law to retain it for longer periods of time, usage data is normally retained for a shorter amount of time.
ByondFiles' operational offices and all other locations where the parties participating in the processing are located process your information, including personal data. It means that this information could be moved to - and stored on - systems outside of your state, province, nation, or other governmental jurisdiction, where data protection regulations may differ from your own.
Under certain circumstances, ByondFiles may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from governmental authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).2.5.3 Other legal requirements
ByondFiles may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- Protect or defend the rights or property of ByondFiles
- Prevent or investigate possible abuses in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of service users or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We care about the security of your personal information, but please keep in mind that no method of communication over the Internet or electronic storage is completely safe. While we make every effort to protect your personal information using commercially reasonable techniques, we cannot guarantee its total security.
3 Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third-party site. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
We have no control over and accept no responsibility for any third-party sites or services' content, privacy policies, or practices.
5 Contact Us
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone number: +32 50 96 04 30
Unclutter your digital workspace and get more done ...
With ByondFiles, you save time and everything is in order. Book a demo and find out for yourself.